The following resources aid current graduate students in planning their doctoral program, funding their attendance and conferences, and participating in the departmental community.
Graduate Student Manuals
A detailed description of the graduate program in Political Science. Manuals are in (PDF) format.
- 2013-2014 Graduate Student Manual
- 2012-2013 Graduate Student Manual
- 2011-2012 Graduate Student Manual
- 2010-2011 Graduate Student Manual
- 2009-2010 Graduate Student Manual
- 2008-2009 Graduate Student Manual
- 2007-2008 Graduate Student Manual
- American Politics Comprehensive Exam
- Comparative Politics Comprehensive Exam
- Constitutional Studies Comprehensive Exam
- International Relations Comprehensive Exam
- Political Theory Comprehensive Exam
- Previous Comprehensive Exam Questions
2014-2015 Comprehensive Exam Dates
- September 13, 2014
- January 17, 2015
- May 19, 2015
- Advising Agreement
- Publication Submission Form
- Grant Proposal Submission Form
- Internal Graduate Student Payment Form
- Transfer Credit Form
- Annual Progress Report
- Semester Evaluation Form
Travel and Expense Reporting
Effective July 1, 2011, the University has converted to a mandatory electronic reporting system. Click the link below for a guide to the system. Please direct any specific questions to Greg in the Grad Office.
View the course descriptions from the past five years.
View the external grant and fellowship opportunities available.
A listing of graduate students with areas of study, email addresses and websites.
Political Science Graduate Organization (PoGo)
POGO organizes professional career development events and social activities for graduate students.
GLOBES Certificate in Environment and Society
The GLOBES Certificate in Environment and Society is an interdisciplinary graduate certificate program where students explore environmental challenges from different perspectives through innovative training in leadership, communications, and policy-making. Open to graduate students in all disciplines with environmental and global health research interests, the GLOBES certificate recognizes a student's ability to extend research in new directions, produce interdisciplinary scholarship, and become an effective communicator across disciplines. GLOBES Certificate students are eligible for mini-grant awards to support interdisciplinary research.
GLOBES Director, Jessica Hellmann firstname.lastname@example.org
GLOBES Flyer 2014 (602 KB)